Scratches can be a cosmetic nuisance, but they can also lead to a bigger problem in the long run. If a scratch in your phone’s screen goes deep enough, it can actually cause electrical damage to the circuit boards inside. When this happens, you’ll have to spend a good deal of money to repair the damage, and the longer you wait to take action, the higher that cost is likely to be. Scratches on a phone can ruin a device’s visual appeal and functionality. It takes away from the screen’s quality and makes it harder to read.
It’s possible to get rid of scratches on a phone without paying to have an expert replace your screen. These scratch removal methods can be used for any smartphone.
Avoid Scratches by getting a Screen Protector
Screen Protector prevents the scratches from getting worse while protecting your screen from future scratches and cracks. While a display screen protector usually does a great job of hiding small scratches, if you have a deep scratch, it may only make it more noticeable by capturing an air bubble over the scratch, underneath the protector. However, the protector will make it simpler to use the screen besides your finger or stylus getting caught on scratch.
Ways to Remove Scratches from Phone:
Polish The Scratches on Your Phone to Make Them Disappear
While it is impossible to completely remove scratches, you can smooth out and minimize the edges of the scratch so that they are harder to see and feel. Before trying any of these screen repairs, turn your phone off and cover your phone’s ports with tape to prevent liquid from seeping into the phone’s components and damaging the phone.
Warning: Try these techniques at your own risk. Polishing could remove some of the oleophobic coating, a thin layer of material that allows your fingers to drift over the touch screen. Even with the gentle abrasive methods listed here, you also risk removing some of the coatings on the screen.
Use Household Cleaners To Polish Away Scratches On Your Phone
Using a ratio or two parts powder to one part water, create a polishing paste using baking soda or cornstarch. The mixture should be thick and not runny. Use a microfiber cleaning cloth to rub the paste into the cracks.
You could also use a Magic Eraser sponge, slightly damp to polish out the cracks on your phone.
Polish Your Phone’s Scratches With Three Micron Diamond Paste
Diamond Paste is a fine powder made from diamonds that are used to gently sand and smooth surfaces, and can also be used to remove scratches from phone screens. Depending upon the depth of the scratch you may need to begin with a coarser paste and finish with a smoother paste.
1. Use tape to cover the unscratched parts of your screen to keep the compound from sticking to these areas. It’s best to repair one area of the screen at a time.
2. Diamond polishing kits usually come with a felt tool to apply the paste and work it into the scratch. Alternatively, you could use the eraser side of a pencil. Apply a small amount of the diamond polishing paste to your tool and work the compound across the scratch.
3. Work the paste into the scratched area from different directions and angles, pressing hard for about three minutes.
4. As the paste hardens, your scratches will appear to disappear. Wipe off the remaining paste and check the scratch.
5. This process may need to be repeated multiple times for thicker scratches.
Scratches are different from cracks. For more serious repairs, you may need to replace your screen – call us!
Note: We do not recommend you to fix your scratches on your own. It is better to always take help of an expert technician. After all, it’s your precious thing.